Glued to events in Libya, Yemen and Bahrain
Events in Libya, Yemen and Bahrain are moving fast, but the Guardian’s moment-to-moment coverage has me glued to my screen today:
View Mapping Pro-Democracy Protests in Libya in a larger map
• Libya: Security forces in Benghazi have shot dead at least one person and injured a dozen after opening fire on mourners at a funeral for protesters killed in earlier demonstrations. Special forces stormed a protest camp in the eastern city at 5am.
• Bahrain: Thousands of protesters have retaken Pearl Square in the Bahraini capital after Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad al-Khalifa ordered troops off the streets.
• Yemen: One protester was killed and seven were hurt in clashes with security forces in the capital, Sana’a.
• Algeria: Riot police in Algiers have broken up a planned march by thousands of pro-democracy campaigners.
- What does Libyan revolution mean for bit.ly? – Boing Boing
- Don't forget Yemen – Boing Boing
- Gentlemen in Yemen at "Day of Rage" protest
- Bahrain: anti-government protests continue despite brutal …
- Bahrain: peaceful protests turn violent as police attack …
- Bahrain: in protest crackdown, regime appears to have tightened …