Glued to events in Libya, Yemen and Bahrain
- Cory Doctorow
- Feb 19, 2011
- Action, Algeria Riot, Bahrain, Bahrain Thousands, Boing, Boing Boing, Boing Boing Don, Crown Prince Salman, Libya, Libya Security, Mapping Pro Democracy, News, Yemen, Yemen One
Events in Libya, Yemen and Bahrain are moving fast, but the Guardian’s moment-to-moment coverage has me glued to my screen today:
View Mapping Pro-Democracy Protests in Libya in a larger map
• Libya: Security forces in Benghazi have shot dead at least one person and injured a dozen after opening fire on mourners at a funeral for protesters killed in earlier demonstrations. Special forces stormed a protest camp in the eastern city at 5am.
• Bahrain: Thousands of protesters have retaken Pearl Square in the Bahraini capital after Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad al-Khalifa ordered troops off the streets.
• Yemen: One protester was killed and seven were hurt in clashes with security forces in the capital, Sana’a.
• Algeria: Riot police in Algiers have broken up a planned march by thousands of pro-democracy campaigners.
Libya and Bahrain protests – Saturday 19 February
YouTube channel — Libyan protests (Warning: contains graphic violence and death)
Mapping Pro-Democracy protests
- What does Libyan revolution mean for bit.ly? – Boing Boing
- Don't forget Yemen – Boing Boing
- Gentlemen in Yemen at "Day of Rage" protest
- Bahrain: anti-government protests continue despite brutal …
- Bahrain: peaceful protests turn violent as police attack …
- Bahrain: in protest crackdown, regime appears to have tightened …